The Looneys Love Regional Literature - 1998
The 1997-1998 travels of Looney Larry, Looney Lester, Looney Lisa, and Looney Lee.
We used a subscriber quick access to looney98 list.
Introduction: December 8 - 12, 1997 in Boston, Massachusetts
Primary caretakers: 5th graders of Marjorie Duby, Joseph Lee School, Boston, MA 02124 ( Class webpage was sited at http://lee.boston.k12.ma.us/d4/D4.html )
- Titles suggested about Massachusetts and Boston.
- Boston (1990 population: 574,283) is located at 42N 71W in Suffolk County, Massachusetts with an elevation of 20 feet. [ weather]
- Relevant links about Boston and Massachusetts.
December 15 - 19, 1997 in Bourne, Massachusetts (1LA)
3rd graders of Sue Pandiani, Ella F. Hoxie School, Bourne, MA 02532 ( Now at Class webpage)
- Titles suggested for read alouds during Larry's stay in Bourne.
- Sue Pandiani's webpages were at http://www.capecod.net/~sgreene/looney.html to document Looney's adventures at Hoxie School.
- Looney Larry's complete adventures and extended activities while in Bourne were sited at http://www.capecod.net/~sgreene/looney.html
- Seasonal messages of peace from our Looney98ers in Bourne were sited at http://www.capecod.net/~sgreene/peace.html
- Follow Mass. Maritime's Cruise 98
- Virtual Cape Cod links | links related to Massachusetts and Boston.
- Virtual tour of Plimoth Plantation | Plimoth Plantation Museum | Wampanoag culture | Hobbamock's Homesite
- Bourne (1990 population: 12,047) is located at 41N 70W with an elevation of 42 feet. [ weather ]
Looney Larry Lobster traveled 47 miles from Boston to Bourne, MA.
January 5 - 9, 1998 in Washington (2LA)
Karen Mensinger, Librarian, and Diane Wilcox's 2nd graders, Belfair Elementary, Belfair, WA 98528 (in Mason County)
Looney Larry traveled 2,554 miles from Bourne, MA. Larry's cumulative mileage is 2,601 miles.
January 12 - 16, 1998 in California (1LE)
4/5 graders of Hilary Cahn, at Madison Elementary School , Redondo Beach, CA 90278
- Titles for California read alouds.
- Journal entries from Redondo Beach
- Redondo Beach (1990 population: 57,102) is located at 33N 118W [ weather]
Looney Lester traveled 2,612 miles from Boston, MA to Redondo Beach, CA.
January 26 - 30, 1998 in Hawaii (3LA)
4th graders of Ilima Stern, Sherry Kahawaii, and Kate Castle, Hauula School, Hauula, HI 96717
Looney Larry traveled 966 miles from Belfair, WA to Redondo Beach CA and 2,550 miles
from Redondo Beach to Honolulu, Hawaii. Larry's cumulative mileage is 6,117 miles.
January 26 - 30, 1998 in Utah (2LE)
Bylynda Venuti's 5th graders, Cross Hollows School, Cedar City, Utah 84720
Looney Lester traveled 398 miles from Redondo Beach CA to Cedar City, Utah.
Lester's cumulative mileage is 3,010 miles.
January 26 - 30, 1998 in Utah (1LI)
Linda Mosbacker and Natalie Day's 5th graders, Backman Elementary, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
Looney Lisa traveled 2,103 miles from Boston, MA to Salt Lake City, Utah.
Our traveling Looneys return to Boston, MA
Primary caretakers: Marjorie Duby, Joseph Lee School, Boston, MA 02124 ( Class page was sited at http://lee.boston.k12.ma.us/d4/D4.html )
Boston Public Library Database
[General BPL Search | Title Search - BPL | Author Search - BPL]
[USA current weather search | QuickAID Airport Information Directories |
announcement] | Looneys on Yahoo
[ Inquiry Unlimited ]
Last modified: September 16, 2005.
Copyright ©1997 - Marjorie Duby formerly at the Joseph Lee School, Boston, MA.
All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise indicated, this website and its contents are the property of Marjorie Duby and are protected, without limitation pursuant to United States and foreign copyright laws. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The staff of Inquiry Unlimited attempts to provide appropriate, informative educational links. We check and update links frequently. We cannot be responsible for the content, use of, or quality of materials on any website other than our own. To the best of our knowledge, graphics on this site are public domain. If you find otherwise, please notify us and we will remove them immediately.