Duplication; Disclaimer | Class webpage formerly sited at http://lee.boston.k12.ma.us/d4/d4.html | Looney Lobster | Eureka database | Westward Expansion
The Trail of Tears
as part of Westward Expansion from Eureka!
a constantly changing URL database with content relevant to elementary school curricula
1838 - Trail of Tears
- Research the "Trail of Tears" taking notes while using a URL site, an encyclopedia and a picture book.
- As a character involved in "The Trail of Tears," use the notes to create an illustrated journal containing 6 - 7 entries which reveal important incidents and discoveries.
- Organize a focused narrative which:
- includes background information about how and why the "Trail of Tears" situation came about
- contains information of what happened during the "Trail of Tears"
- uses supporting details to explain how the "Trail of Tears" affected the growth history of the United States!
- Create an artifact packet (use a gallon plastic bag) which includes primary source documents, miniature props, and a descriptive index of the contents related to the Trail of Tears.
- Cherokee/NC and Georgians
- Stein, R. Conrad. Trail of Tears
- Bealer, Alex. Only the Names Remain: The Cherokees and the Trail of Tears
- Hoag, Stan. Night of the Cruel Moon
- Corneissen, Cornelia. Soft Rain: A Story of the Cherokee Trail of Tears.
- Hoobler, Dorothy. The Trail on Which They Wept
As of December 4, 2003, you are visitor to share our Trail of Tears data.
[Return to: Westward Expansion Index | Inquiry Unlimited | Revolutionary Period Activities | Boston area and global links]
Eureka! is a work in progress originating from the Inquiry Unlimited
Copyright © 1999 Marjorie Duby - All Rights Reserved.
Last modified: May 19, 2008
Unless otherwise indicated, this website and its contents are the property of Marjorie Duby and are protected, without limitation pursuant to United States and foreign copyright laws. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The staff of Inquiry Unlimited attempts to provide appropriate, informative educational links. We check and update links frequently. We cannot be responsible for the content, use of, or quality of materials on any website other than our own. To the best of our knowledge, graphics on this site are public domain. If you find otherwise, please notify us and we will remove them immey.