Duplication; Disclaimer | Looney Lobster | Eureka | Westward Expansion
as part of Westward Expansion from Eureka!
a constantly changing URL database with content relevant to elementary school curricula
1836 - Fall of the Alamo (Alamo site | Alamo online interpretive story)
- Research the fall of the Alamo taking notes while using a URL site, an encyclopedia and a picture book.
- As a character at the Alamo, use the notes to create an illustrated journal containing 6 - 7 entries which reveal important incidents and discoveries.
- Organize a focused narrative which:
- includes background information about how and why the Alamo situation came about
- contains information of what happened at the Alamo
- uses supporting details to explain how the incident at the Alamo affected the growth history of the United States!
- Create an artifact packet (use a gallon plastic bag) which includes primary source documents, miniature props, and a descriptive index of the contents related to the siege and battle of the Alamo.
- Hoobler, Dorothy. Promise At the Alamo
- Jakes, John. Susanna of the Alamo: A True Story
- Fisher, Leonard Everett. The Alamo.
- Santella, Andrew. The Battle of the Alamo
[ Eureka! | Inquiry Unlimited | USA timelines ]
As of December 4, 2003, you are visitor to share the Alamo.
[Return to: Westward Expansion Index | Literature Circles | Revolutionary Period Activities | Boston area and global links ]
Eureka! is a work in progress originating from the Inquiry Unlimited
Copyright © 1999 Marjorie Duby All Rights Reserved.
Last modified: May 19, 2008
Unless otherwise indicated, this website and its contents are the property of Marjorie Duby and are protected, without limitation pursuant to United States and foreign copyright laws. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The staff of Inquiry Unlimited attempts to provide appropriate, informative educational links. We check and update links frequently. We cannot be responsible for the content, use of, or quality of materials on any website other than our own. To the best of our knowledge, graphics on this site are public domain. If you find otherwise, please notify us and we will remove them immey.