Duplication; Disclaimer | Inquiry Unlimited | Looney Lobster | Eureka | Westward Expansion
as part of Westward Expansion from Eureka!
a constantly changing URL database with content relevant to elementary school curricula
1817 - Erie Canal
- Research the Erie Canal taking notes while using a URL site, an encyclopedia and a picture book.
- As a character along the canal or working on the canal, use the notes to create an illustrated journal containing 6 - 7 entries which reveal important incidents and discoveries.
- Organize a focused narrative which:
- includes background information about how and why the canal came about
- contains information of what happened during the building and use of the canal
- uses supporting details to explain how the success of creating the canal affected the growth history of the United States!
- Create an artifact packet (use a gallon plastic bag) which includes primary source documents, miniature props, and a descriptive index of the contents related to the Erie Canal.
- 1817 - Images of the Erie Canal
- How a lock works on the Erie Canal
- Harness, Cheryl. The Amazing Impossible Erie Canal
- Spier, Peter. The Story of the Erie Canal.
- Stein, R. Conrad. The Story of the Erie Canal
As of December 4, 2003, you are visitor to explore the Erie Canal.
[Return to: Westward Expansion | Inquiry Unlimited | USA songs | Boston area and global links]
Eureka! Inquiry Unlimited is a work in progress originating from the Inquiry Unlimited
Copyright © 1999 Marjorie Duby All Rights Reserved.
Last modified: May 19, 2008
Unless otherwise indicated, this website and its contents are the property of Marjorie Duby and are protected, without limitation pursuant to United States and foreign copyright laws. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The staff of Inquiry Unlimited attempts to provide appropriate, informative educational links. We check and update links frequently. We cannot be responsible for the content, use of, or quality of materials on any website other than our own. To the best of our knowledge, graphics on this site are public domain. If you find otherwise, please notify us and we will remove them immediately.