Disclaimer | Inquiry Unlimited | Looney Lobster | USA timelines | Westward Expansion
Eureka! Inquiry Unlimited
World War II Period -
[a constantly changing URL database with content relevant to elementary school curricula]
FRANKLIN DELANO ROOSEVELT ADMINISTRATION, 1933-1945
- Holocaust timeline - unrest in Europe as Hitler begins his rise to power.
- World War II in Europe - timeline (see: 940.53)
- Anne Frank House (see: 940.5318)
- Remembering Pearl Harbor Day (Hawaii)
- December 8, 1941
- Pearl Harbor speech of Pres. Roosevelt
- December 8, 1941
- U.S.S. Arizona Memorial (Hawaii)- World War II
- The U.S.S. Arizona - World War II (Hawaii)
- Admiral Chester W. Nimitz named Commander in Chief in charge of Pacific Fleet.
- Battle of Coral Sea - May 4, 1942
- Battle of Midway - June 4 - 7, 1942
- Battle of Midway, a Japanese defeat - June 4 - 7, 1942
- Guadalcanal - August 7, 1942
- Gilbert Islands (November, 1943) - landing of Marines
- Iwo Jima (February 19, 1945) - landing by Marines
- Battle of Iwo Jima - February 19, 1945
- Iwo Jima Homepage - February 19, 1945
HARRY S. TRUMAN ADMINISTRATION, 1945-1953
- May 8, 1945 - Germany surrenders
- Truman makes the decision to drop the atomic bomb on Nagasaki using the Enola Gay on August 9, 1945
- 1945 - Truman's involvement in the United Nations and the United Nations Charter adopted which was adopted in 1945
- March 12, 1947 - The Truman Doctrine allows for economic assistance to Greece and Turkey
- Marshall Plan (June 5, 1947) provides aid to European countries
- 1948 - Berlin Airlift - United States sends food and supplies to West Berlin after the Soviet Union tried to cut them off from them
- Post-war recognition of Israel as a free Jewish state - May 14, 1948 (5th of Iyar, 5708)[ recognition of Israel chronology]
- Creation of the Organization of American States - April 30, 1948
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights,- December, 1948.
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization established, August 24, 1949 (NATO and NATO chronology)
- Truman ordered Air Force and Navy to Korea on June 27 after North Korea invaded South Korea initiating the Korean War (week by week).
Educator is the recipient of the Miss Rumphius Award.
Eureka! Inquiry Unlimited is a work in progress.
Copyright © 1997 Marjorie Duby, practitioner formerly sited at Joseph Lee School, Boston, MA.
All Rights Reserved.
Last modified: September 19, 2005.
Unless otherwise indicated, this website and its contents are the property of Inquiry Unlimited and are protected, without limitation pursuant to United States and foreign copyright laws. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: Inquiry Unlimited attempts to provide appropriate, informative educational links. We check and update links frequently. We cannot be responsible for the content, use of, or quality of materials on any website other than our own. To the best of our knowledge, graphics on this site are public domain. If you find otherwise, please notify us and we will remove them immediately.