Disclaimer * | Inquiry Unlimited * | Looney * Lobster | USA timelines * | Westward Expansion *
Folklore Motifs (Dewey 398.2)
compliments of Inquiry Unlimited
[a constantly changing URL database with content relevant to elementary school curricula]
MAGIC MOTIFS: Transformations * | Magic objects * | Magic powers * | Wishes * | Long sleep *
Transformations and Disenchantment (Magic) [D0-D799]
- The Frog Prince [Germany] VARIANTS *
- Frog Prince Continued by Jon Scieszka
- The Sorcerer's Apprentice [Germany]
- Beauty and the Beast
Magic Objects [D800-D1699]
- BEANS - Jack and the Beanstalk VARIANTS
- BROOM - The Sorcerer's Apprentice by Nancy Willard
- GENIE - Aladdin [Arabia]
- The Magic Cooking Pot [India]
- Strega Nona by Tomie DePaola
- The Funny Little Woman by Arlene Mosel
- The Magic Cooking Pot by Faith Towle
- The Full Belly Bowl by Jim Aylesworth
- Bone Button Borscht by Aubrey Davis
- Button Soup by Doris Orgel
- Two of Everything: A Chinese Folktale by Lily T. Hong
- speaking objects
- chair to which people stick
- mesmerizing musical instrument
- cooking pot that never gets empty
- magic healing plant
Magic Powers [AT D1700-D2199]
Educator is the recipient of the Miss Rumphius Award *
As of December 4, 2003, you are visitor to motifs of folklore resources.
Eureka! Inquiry Unlimited is a work in progress.
Copyright © 2002 Marjorie Duby. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified: September 19, 2005.
Unless otherwise indicated, this website and its contents are the property of Inquiry Unlimited and are protected, without limitation pursuant to United States and foreign copyright laws. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: Inquiry Unlimited * attempts to provide appropriate, informative educational links. We check and update links frequently. We cannot be responsible for the content, use of, or quality of materials on any website other than our own. To the best of our knowledge, graphics on this site are public domain. If you find otherwise, please notify us and we will remove them immediately.
For a broadened view of folklore, refer to The Folktale by Stith Thompson for tale types and motifs.
For your reading enjoyment, peruse "Folk Tales of the North American Indians" by Stith Thompson. It includes tales categorized by culture group and motif.