Disclaimer * | Inquiry Unlimited * | Looney * Lobster | USA timelines * | Westward Expansion *
Formula Folklore (Dewey 398.2)
compliments of Inquiry Unlimited
[a constantly changing URL database with content relevant to elementary school curricula]
- Gingerbread Boy VARIANTS [booklist *]
- Gingerbread Boy by Paul Galdone
- Gingerbread Man by Jim Aylesworth
- Runaway Tortilla by Eric Kimmel
- The Pancake in Scandinavian Folk and Fairy Tales by Claire Boos [Norway]
- The Wee Bannock [England]
- Johnny-cake [England]
- Journey Cake, Ho by Ruth Sawyer [American] [Caldecott Honor Book]
- Stop that Pickle by Peter Armour
- Tikki Tikki Tembo * by Arlene Mosel [CHINA]
- Cumulative tales [pattern build-up by adding on using repetition]
- The Old Woman and Her Pig [England]
- The House That Jack Built
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly
- One Fine Day
- Henny Penny [England] VARIANTS
- Henny Penny by Paul Galdone
- Chicken Little Retold by Steven Kellogg
Educator is the recipient of the Miss Rumphius Award *
As of December 4, 2003, you are visitor to motifs of folklore resources.
Eureka! Inquiry Unlimited is a work in progress.
Copyright © 2002 Marjorie Duby. All Rights Reserved.
Last modified: September 19, 2005.
Unless otherwise indicated, this website and its contents are the property of Inquiry Unlimited and are protected, without limitation pursuant to United States and foreign copyright laws. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: Inquiry Unlimited * attempts to provide appropriate, informative educational links. We check and update links frequently. We cannot be responsible for the content, use of, or quality of materials on any website other than our own. To the best of our knowledge, graphics on this site are public domain. If you find otherwise, please notify us and we will remove them immediately.
For a broadened view of folklore, refer to The Folktale by Stith Thompson for tale types and motifs.
For your reading enjoyment, peruse "Folk Tales of the North American Indians" by Stith Thompson. It includes tales categorized by culture group and motif.