Inquiry Unlimited | Looney Lobster | Eureka! | Revolutionary period | USA timelines | Literacy resources
What might we deduce about the people and regions of
New England and Virginia
from analyzing 2 passenger lists from 1635?
Needed: Passenger list from New England and Virginia; student
assessment and rubric used.
- consider tallying the information by common attributes: gender, age, first names, occupations.
- create stem-and-leaf plots or bar graphs
- compare and contrast the type of social groupings sailing to New England and to Virginia
- construct a portion of an imaginary "found" passenger list containing data that supports the pattern of information you observed from the original lists.
- using prior knowledge, discuss how the geography of New England and Virginia and life in England in the 1600s might have affected who sailed
As of October 19, 2008, you are visitor to explore the passenger lists provided by Inquiry Unlimited!
Last modified: October 19, 2008. Comments.
Copyright 2002 Marjorie Duby. This is the intellectual property of Marjorie Duby.