Mission: to target educational goals through inquiry-based strategies
NEW PUBLICATION AVAILABLE - From Caravels to the Constitution by Marjorie Duby
at Creative Teaching Press.
Content: Blackline masters - Using word searches, hidden messages, analogies, anagrams, and creative puzzles, students will learn about history while they apply critical-thinking skills. This resource provides students with opportunities to organize and analyze information and to draw conclusions. Extension activities promote practical, informative, narrative, and expository writing skills to help meet the standards. 112 pages [LW405 - From Caravels to the Constitution - $13.99]
Over the years, as an experienced guest lecturer/workshop leader, I have facilitated workshops for teachers and Family Nights focused on Math, Social Studies, Science; facilitated technology sessions for teachers focused on computer awareness, facilitated a course on the use of the Internet; used the computer as a tool in the classroom to support curricula; used travel buddy projects to broaden cross-disciplinary learning; used children's literature to supplement classroom strategies; gathered and created resources to supplement colonial themes; gathered and attempted to effectively use primary source documents in the classroom; focused on the use of folktales and picture books in the classroom; worked with a disadvantaged gifted population.
Supervisor of student teachers
Curriculum Developer/Writer in the Social Studies Curriculum; Format and concept developer for Boston Public Schools video strategy game show, "Link 4" - cablecast citywide and distributed nationally 1986 - present; author of "Try It - Pentominoes" - Cuisenaire Company, 1992
Writer/Developer for school plan, school's marketing plan, school's recruiting and advertising campaigns; school's improvement Council; code of discipline committee; educational plan committee; desegregation project
- Over the years, as a project director and master teacher in varied state-funded and federally-funded projects including the areas of: multi-cultural awareness, career awareness, performing arts and improvisation, two and three-dimensional fine arts, media, mathematics awareness, gifted and talented education, family learning, technology awareness and application, integrating social studies in the content areas, literacy across subject matter disciplines, I have:
- Originated, formulated, and implemented programs designed to enrich the curriculum, based on demonstrated needs.
- Imparted and transmitted ideas, information, and rationale regarding teaching style and effective teaching techniques.
- Shared and discussed uses of self-devised and adapted educator educational materials and activities.
- Visualized, planned, coordinated, produced, and demonstrated media presentations.
- Authored articles for community, parent, and school publications.
- Guided and supervised student teachers towards realistic, practical, effective educational techniques and experiences.
- Generated a purposeful motivation for pupil authorship and expression by arranging for appropriate audiences.
- Provided audio-visual training to assist teachers in becoming proficient, competent, and capable users of materials.
- Conceived, created, devised, and applied qualitatively differentiated curriculum strategies while delegating committee responsibilities.
- Collaborated with peers and parents in the growth, evolution, and execution of procedural, recreational, and timely activities and concerns of the school.
[ Inquiry Unlimited | Shared classroom experiences | Published shared works | Educational conference presentations ]
© 2001 Contact: Inquiry Unlimited *, with comments. Last modified: January 27, 2008.